jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

2015 Hubbie Awards Voting Is Closed

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago

As of midnight last night, voting in the 5th Annual Hubbie Awards is officially closed. Big thanks to everyone who voted, and we will have the votes tallied up within the next couple days. Stay tuned! smile

1. jeff61b profile image89
      jeff61bposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm curious. How many people vote for their own Hubs in the Hubbie Awards? 
      How many people feel like they don't read that many hubs and don't really know who's hub to vote for?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
        DzyMsLizzyposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I read a lot of hubs--but I don't take notes on them, so yes, at voting time, it is difficult to pick a hub or hubber that stands out, especially as many categories as there are.
        I usually end up voting for not more than 5 or 6 maximum, and at that, recent hubs I've read that stood out...and hubbers with whom I've been familiar for some time.
        It's a nice idea, but I'm not convinced of the actual value of the awards.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 23 months ago

I had fun this year and was able to vote in every single category. Last year, I was not able to do so, so reading more Hubs and visiting more profiles helps a lot. smile

1. paradigm search profile image60
      paradigm searchposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I know I'm dead in the water this year. Most folks who know me have drifted on. And even if I did get any votes, they'd be split between "paradigmsearch" and "paradigm search". lol

Been one heck of a lot of fun though. big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 23 months ago in reply to this

O gee, a special award is needed here. smile

I miss Cagsil. He is alive and well, though he seems to have gone off on a tangent.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Ah, the Tangent Award (sorry).

lol

3. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 23 months ago

While it is difficult to vote in every category, there are many great hubbers that deserve recognition and this is one of the best way to do it.  Their tralent and their hubs are so outstanding.  Even if you only vote for a few, it is worth voting.
    I would hope people don't vote for themselves that just doesn't seem right.

working