jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I need your help!

1. SiddSingh profile image62
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

I have just finished writing a hub on the top 25 hindi movies of all times. Naturally, the hub has turned out to be a bit too long: about 3500 words (an average of less than 150 words per film, which appears reasonable)! And this will need at least 25 pics and a few videos too! This means a long, long hub!

Can you please suggest whether:

1) I should keep the integrity of the article and publish it as a single hub, or

2) I should split it into two or three hubs (I think three hubs would be better, having 8, 8 and 9 films in each of the hubs)

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thanking you in advance,

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Yes, I would split it up.  Three Hubs, then add a Links capsule so you can link to the other two.  Put them in a group as well.

3. SiddSingh profile image62

Thanks Marisa,

I think your suggestion is perfect. I will do exactly that.

4. Julaha profile image60
    Julahaposted 7 years ago

It will be a good idea to split it up.

It is difficult to read long pieces on the screen especially with ads and widgets and images competing for eyeball attention.

Also, I would suggest that you limit your choice to 10 best Hindi movies, instead of 25. 25 would make a rather long list and you will have to include practically every film out there, so there won't be any analysis.

Another suggestion is to write one hub on a rating system that you plan to follow. For example, five stars for outstanding films, four stars for Excellent ones, three for good ones, two for fair and 0 for poor ones.

Or, you can have your own rating system.

Then write the review of each film in a separate hub and rate it using your rating system.

You can given the link to the rating system in each hub.

This way you will never run out of ideas for hubs, for as soon as a Hindi film is released, you can write its review!

And further, your hubs will remain short and crisp and readable and you will get much more than 150 words per film.

5. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

Yeah definitely split it up.

6. SiddSingh profile image62

Hi Julaha/Multimastery,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Though I have already finished and published the list for 25 movies (since I was considering movies THROUGHOUT the history of Bollywood, anything less than 25 wouldn't really be an exhaustive work), you have some really good suggestions. I will definitely try to work on it. Especially about the rating system.