jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 3 Homemade Hair Treatments with Natural Ingredients

1. 86
    Getrude Hillaryposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 3 Homemade Hair Treatments with Natural Ingredients That Will Leave Your Hair Healthy and Shiny. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 months ago

The Hub has some good recipes but I think it looks too short.  Hubs are, generally, much longer than a blog post.  You can make it look longer by, for instance, turning the three reasons in the first paragraph into three bullet points.  Add a heading to the end paragraph (e.g. "Substitutions"?).  Add at least one more relevant photo - ideally, assemble your ingredients for one of the recipes and take a photo of that! 

Can you add a more personal angle to the introduction, so readers feel you've actually tried these recipes yourself rather than just copied them from somewhere?

Move the photo of the avocado down next to the avocado recipe.   Where it is now, viewed on a mobile it will open up full-width across the top of your Hub - and as your Hub is about shampoos not avocados, it will look irrelevant.  Also give it a meaningful caption - e.g. "Avocado in a shampoo moisturizes and nourishes hair". 

Change the titles of the recipes to describe what each recipe does, not what's in it (e.g. "Shampoo for dry hair", "Shampoo for itchy scalp" etc).  That would be more useful to readers. 

Polls are meant to be used to get readers' opinion on the topic, you are not allowed to use them to ask for feedback about the Hub.  They are NOT a compulsory part of a Hub, though people seem to think they are! 

The reason polls are suggested is that Hubs do better when they include a variety of different elements and when they engage the reader.  So HubPages is just trying to prompt you with ideas on how you can do that.  They don't mean you have to use every single type of element - and a poll won't engage the reader if you can't think of a good question.

Instead of the poll, I would look for a good Youtube video on natural shampoo recipes.  Then finish off your Hub with "Here are some more good ideas for natural shampoos" followed by the video.

1. 86
        Getrude Hillaryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think I can do better with this hub based on your insights. I really appreciate the feedback.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 14 months ago

Make the recipes and take high quality photos of each recipe or make images with the ingredients like the successful Hubber healthmunsta. 

http://healthmunsta.hubpages.com/hub/DI … -Hair-Mask

This may give you some ideas.

1. 86
        Getrude Hillaryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tips and heads up. Really helpful.