jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Updated book review hub gets NFQ symbol for new poll?

1. Kristen Howe profile image88
    Kristen Howeposted 22 months ago

I've just added a new poll to one of my book reviews. And it got slapped with the spammy elements not featured message. There's not many ads and the grammar is fine! I've sent HP an email. Here's the link: http://kristenhowe.hubpages.com/hub/As- … amien-Boyd

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

A good place to start is with products and links.  Only include essential products. At a very quick skim, that seems like the book your reviewing.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
        Elsie Hagleyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Nice to see you answering this question Paul, it will be very helpful for other members to understand what is really required for a good article, especially as it's coming from the top man. smile

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kristen,

Try re-doing your intro. You are starting the first sentence with 'For', which is a preposition. It might not matter later on but it shrieks grammatical error. This is how I would do it:

"British writer, Damien Boyd, has made a smashing thriller debut with 'As the Crow Flies'."

I'd also break up your intro into two or even three paragraphs. More white space leads the eye down the page and makes the text easier to read on a screen.

There are a few other grammatical errors there, maybe you could paste it into MS Word or other word processor and do a check?

Sounds like a great book.

Bevx

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago

The rock climbing gear is not relevant to reading a book, even if the book is about rock climbing.  Take out the ebay capsule, and you will no longer be unfeatured for spam.

3. Kristen Howe profile image88

Thanks Millionaire Tips, Bev and Paul. I'll work on this one this weekend along with the computer hub to get re-approved.

4. Kristen Howe profile image88

Thanks Elsie for saying that. I'll be working on that hub too this weekend.

working