jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Strange Grouping?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago

Okay--now I am puzzled.

Do one's own groups override the hub topic categories, when hubs are selected for appearing under the "more in this series" box at the bottom of the hub?

Because, I have 4 hubs on various aspects of Genealogy, all in the hub categories of :
    Family and Parenting → Genealogy, Family History and Family Trees → Genealogy Advice and Tips.

However, shown at the bottom of two of them, appear my articles on R/C car racing, and on another, one of my photography articles.

All are appropriately categorized at the hub creation level; but they are all grouped under "hobbies" in my own groups.

I would think the top categories for the hub would be the deciding factor...If not, then I'm going to have to create yet more groups, in order to get these correctly placed, because an article on how to repair the shocks in your R/C car is most certainly not the 'next in the series' of a hub on genealogy!

Shaking my head in befuddlement...

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Your groups are whatever you make them, and have nothing to do with anything else.

DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago in reply to this

yes, I realize that.  I am just wondering why irrelevant hubs were placed with my genealogy hubs in the "more on this series" area.

Since R/C cars are NOT in the same series as my genealogy articles.
        So my question/confusion was, that HP seems to be using my groups rather than the top-level hub-creation categories for this placement. 

And I do not feel that is correct, as it obviously resulted in  misplacments

1. bravewarrior profile image94
          bravewarriorposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Good question, Liz. It seems HP may be going by the main categories and not the ones at the end of the filter.

DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago in reply to this

It seemed the opposite to me; if they were going by the main categories, all the genealogy hubs should have appeared under each-other's articles.  Instead, it seems that they went by my own groups, where I had them under "hobbies."  So, the R/C car articles and a photography article landed under "more in this series."  I give up.  There's no figuring it out.