jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hubpages Mobile App?

1. abdussalaam profile image78
    abdussalaamposted 22 months ago

I think it is vital that Hubpages soon develops a mobile app for both iOS and Android. The HP mobile web browser experience is good but not great. I feel HP could learn a lot from Facebook's mobile app which is how I envisage a future HP mobile app to operate.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

We did have an iOS app, but retired it due to lack of use.

We have worked on making the mobile site better and you can access most functions on the site on a mobile device by selecting the desktop version of the site.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 22 months ago

HubPages had an app, but it was only for reading and rating Hubs.  Thankfully it was dropped.

Don't hold you breath.

1. abdussalaam profile image78
      abdussalaamposted 22 months ago in reply to this

They need an app that has full functionality similar to Facebook. The technology to make a fully functional app is available, but I suppose the desire to do so is sadly lacking.

3. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 22 months ago

A website without an app which works - for ALL essential features - on both iOS and Android will only lose traffic and status

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago

To be fair the 'lack of use' probably related to that app not being very useful, rather than general lack of interest in an app.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image93
      Chriswillman90posted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree, if an app is actually worth using then it'll stick compared to some low quality garbage that no one would ever entertain.

2. makingamark profile image70
      makingamarkposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree - apps are never used unless they
      1) Work properly
      2) are useful

working