jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Hubs not getting featured

1. islandangler profile image61
    islandanglerposted 16 months ago

Hi All,

In recent weeks I have been encountering issues with hubs getting featured.  Out of 10 published hubs I manage only 2 featured ones.  Prior to Hub Hopper this was not the case.  In my opinion, the hubs are of high quality with quite a decent quality rating (normally in the early 70's).  Hubs do include one or two links, but they are relevant.

I would appreciate if you have a look at the below hubs and tell me what you think.

http://islandangler.hubpages.com/hub/ho … cle-helmet

http://islandangler.hubpages.com/hub/Th … -Employees

Thanks
    S

1. SheilaMilne profile image88
      SheilaMilneposted 16 months ago in reply to this

These two appear to be featured anyway.

2. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Yah they ate featured, maybe the pic source should be cited

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 16 months ago

Your use of photographs lifted from wherever instead of legally-sourced images may be your problem.

islandanglerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

mmm thats an interesting one, as I have given credit to the owners.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You need to get permission, whether you give credit or not.

2. relache profile image89
        relacheposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You may find reading this very useful,
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

islandanglerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanks much appreciated. 

I changed some images on one of them and we will see what happens smile

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 16 months ago

I took a very quick look at your motorcycle helmet article, and I think that in addition to the advice you've already been given regarding photographs, your advice in the article is too general and vague. Basically, to answer the question "how to choose the best motorcycle helmet," you are not saying much more than "choose a good, strong one that protects your head."

If I were needing to know how to choose a good motorcycle helmet, I would want to know much more. How do I KNOW I am getting a good, strong one? What should it be made of? Plastic? Aluminum? Some sort of patented space-age material? What should be in between the layers? Styrofoam? Gel? Air? Cotton padding? You mention "modular configurations." Are they god or bad? What even are they?

How do I know I am getting a good helmet and a good fit? Are some brands better than others? What about a used helmet that someone wore in a crash? Are helmets rated for strength and protection by some sort of agency, or applied a score based upon some sort of strength or effectiveness scale? Are there any types I should absolutely avoid?

As I stated, I only gave the hub a quick look, so pardon me if you have answered some of these questions, but my overall hunch is that to pass QAP you need to give much more specific advice on what to look for in a helmet.

I see that perhaps these articles have passed QAP, so maybe my advice is not necessary after all.

working