jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Score Dropped

1. Kelsey Farrell profile image87
    Kelsey Farrellposted 13 months ago

I'm a little confused, before I went to bed last night I checked my hubscore and it was at 92, today it's at 87...what would cause such a big jump in such a short period of time??

1. billybuc profile image89
      billybucposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I wish I had a good answer for you. I've been here almost four years and I have yet to figure it out.  It's very similar to the stock market that way. smile  Don't sweat the small stuff. Concentrate on your writing.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 13 months ago in reply to this

After a Hub is evaluated by the QAP, the HubScore can take some time to adjust and land on the final value.

3. lctodd1947 profile image82
      lctodd1947posted 13 months ago in reply to this

Don't let yourself get caught up in the scoring.  Why?  You have different individuals who review your hub and it is human versus human.  Some individuals without meaning to will for some reason see the written hub a lot differently than you do.  It doesn't matter how much passion, thought, research or work you put into it.  Believe in your own work and yourself.  That will help you ignore the score. I believe the scoring is based upon traffic also.  There are a lot of factors that make up the score. 

With that said, my score is no where near what I think it should be, simply because I write my own stuff, I am sincere, I do not put into print bogus stuff and I try hard. I think I have come a long way from when I first started, learned a lot and gradually have gotten better.  Writing skills do not come all that easy for those that are not writing scholars. We learn by doing.  I can't come here everyday to write because I have other work online to include 2 websites, several blogs, etc.  Also, I was away for awhile and due to me being away, I made no money.  So what happened, my hubs were still online but not promoted, I guess. 

I do not comment as much as I need to, but as said, I can't get everything that I would love to do.  I believe in praising others and trying to help everyone feel good about their work. 

Keep up the good work, write, write and focus, then with time and effort you will rise to their expectations and yours.

4. FitnezzJim profile image85
      FitnezzJimposted 13 months ago in reply to this

When I see my score drop, I often find that one or two articles have had their status changed to 'Not Featured'.  For story type articles, I may edit to increase readability.  For informational or current event type articles, I will usually add an update to the bring the information more up-to-date.

Caveat:  This is my approach.  There are many out there who do better with respect to the scoring system.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 13 months ago

That's quite a drop though, I usually experience a 1-2 point drop at most. Hopefully it all evens out though.

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 13 months ago

I have found that changes in hubberscore have less to do with your individual activity and more to do with overall site activity: newly published hubs in a category where you have hubs, how those hubs are QAPed compared to yours; changes in HP algorithms/hub tool requirements and standards for hubs, and last but not least . . . the position of the moon.

Don't fret, Kelsey. Yes, it's frustrating and mind-boggling, but it may have nothing to do with any one thing. Most of the time we don't have any control over it. I have noticed now that mine fluctuates like clockwork, without my doing anything at all. I can almost predict when it will hit a certain number to the day.

One thing I know for sure is that it will go back up once I write more quality hubs. I'll get around to it. But in the meantime, I won't fret as much anymore.

4. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 13 months ago

I have been noticing my score move up and down more so over the last two weeks. It has been fluctuating between 92 and 89 almost on a daily basis. I have given up worrying about or trying to understand it.

5. Kelsey Farrell profile image87
    Kelsey Farrellposted 13 months ago

Thanks for everyone's words. I notice that mine usually fluctuates within a 2 point range, so a 5 point was just nuts to me in less than 24 hours. I guess I should've mentioned that some how 80% of my hubs' individual scores went from high 80's to low 70's within that time too. I don't know what's going on. It seems like they changed an algorithm or something because that doesn't make sense to me.

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Yup. That'll do it.