jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: What is in the Skilled Nursing Home?

1. MGWriter profile image71
    MGWriterposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub What is in the Skilled Nursing Home?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Alison Dittmar profile image60
      Alison Dittmarposted 13 months ago in reply to this

This is a very informative article, kudos for covering so much! I agree with other hubbers about breaking up the text with pictures, it makes for eadier reading.
      Also, although you did a great job, my only concern is that in the 1st paragraph there appears to be a run on sentence or two separated with semi colons. Otherwise, I'm impressed.  smile

MGWriterposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I appreciate you words and comments.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.

2. Noreen Fahad profile image79
      Noreen Fahadposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Hi I am new here can you please tell me how did you add you hub link in this question

Noreen Good morning.

I received a message from Hubpages for me to attach my comments too.  There is also a link in HubPages FAQ.

2. flycatcherrr profile image86
    flycatcherrrposted 13 months ago

The hub could use some images, to break up the blocks of text and help to illustrate your key points.  I suspect if you look in the Edit mode, upper right hand corner, you'll see a number of unticked boxes for items that HubPages recommends you include to improve the hub, and this may be helpful. A poll, for example, might not be out of place on this hub?

Thank you for these useful comments.  This will help as I move forward.

3. denise.w.anderson profile image90
    denise.w.andersonposted 13 months ago

Right now the hub is primarily text. The addition of images would be helpful. You might want to add an image of the inside of a nursing home, people being cared for at a home, or the elderly participating in activities at a nursing home. I like to use images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net. It you attribute the images appropriately, there is no cost.

Other things you can do are the addition of headings, quotes using the quote boxes, bullet lists, tables, and links. You have a number of hubs on this subject, and you can add links to the hubs that you have written that are relevant. Make the link boxes so that they are next to the paragraph that they apply to.

Making a hub visually appealing often boosts the quality. You will see the check boxes at the top right. As you add visual items, you will see an increased number of checks. When I construct a hub, I try to see that all of the boxes are checked before I publish. This usually assures that the quality assessment is good and that the hub will continue to be featured.

4. MGWriter profile image71
    MGWriterposted 13 months ago

Thank you I very much appreciate this information.  I have been trying to decide on a host for photos and I have just begun to use the captions for the various parts of the post. 

Thank you.

5. RonElFran profile image97
    RonElFranposted 13 months ago

Here's my reaction, for what it's worth. Although I have an interest in nursing homes, since my mother-in-law is in one, I probably wouldn't click on your article because of the title. It doesn't give me any clear understanding of what's in the article, and whether it's worth my very limited time to give it a look. To me the title seems unfocused, so I would expect the article to be as well.

This, as I say, is a personal reaction, but I hope it helps.