jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How To Hypnotize People Without Them Knowing

1. hypnodoctor profile image82
    hypnodoctorposted 16 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How To Hypnotize People Without Them Knowing.

The hub has not only been up and featured for several years, it has also been selected and edited by a professional HubPages editor. I admittedly recently put another slightly but not too related video on the Hub, which got the Hub UNFEATURED. I have immediately deleted the video but the hub keeps getting not featured.

It's frustrating. And the hub already lost almost all its traffic in the last three days.

What do you suggest?

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

If it's a hub that's been edited through the HubPro program, contact the HubPages team about it. It may be getting un-featured by an automated filter.

2. Misfit Chick profile image93
      Misfit Chickposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I read through it, and one thing I noticed was that there are not very many links to back up your claims.

For instance, you say something to the effect that we are hypnotized many times every day... My mind immediately wanted to know: if that was 'really true'; and more back up for it besides just you saying it.

Of course you don't want to overdue links. But since you only have one at the bottom - it looks like you 'wrote a paper' on this subject from that website. I think google responds to more supportive content links.

Just spiff it up a bit more, now. smile

hypnodoctorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Good point, I did not give a lot of sources. I did get a mail from the HubPages team today with a "heads up" that my Hub had too many "spammy links". And since I only have one real link - which points to my site (others are Amazon or Ebay items), then it must mean that they think my site is spammy, to which I take offence because I have been building it for a long time and the content I put on there is premium stuff I learned through years of study (not to mention hundreds of people personally thanking me for the content and asking me to write more).

So I think I'm done with HubPages to tell you the truth.

I realize It might be a new policy or I'm just unlucky to get a stuck up editor but this Hub alone has been up there featured since 11/08/2010 and has since generated 155,944 views (most in the last two years). And now in three days since it was suddenly un-featured, it only gets 14-20 views a day, if that. It's a shame.

I'll see if removing the link gets it featured again.

Thank you both for your valuable input.

1. Misfit Chick profile image93

Oh, my - don't give up because of HP. It really is not their fault that your site is coming across as being 'too spammy' right now. It can be updated and changed, easily enough.

We writers & researchers have to change with the net OR 'our stuff' doesn't get an audience. Some of it really needs one. This was a good hub, I can certainly see why you got good feedback on it, before.

You just need to change with the movement of the river. smile

hypnodoctorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You're right, I just had to let go some steam. I'm OK now smile

Thank you for your help. It's really appreciated.

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
          galleryofgraceposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Self promotion is frowned upon here.

3. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hypnotizing people without their knowledge or consent is highly illegal and this Hub should not only not be featured, it should not be published at all.

1. Misfit Chick profile image93

I am going to assume that you did not read the hub. People really are hypnotized all the time without their knowledge - TV alone can do it.

1. DasEngel profile image60
          DasEngelposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Does internet do that? smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 16 months ago

Amazon and Ebay links absolutely count as potentially spammy links

working