jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Groups

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 19 months ago

You know what would be nice, pursuant to the information I received indicating that it is the group in which the hub falls that determines the "next in this series" placement at the bottom of the hubs...???

Maybe this is too much to ask for, but the top-level categories from which we select when initially creating the hub have sub-categories.  It would be really nice to have sub-categories available for our groups, as well, so things don't get mixed into the wrong "next" category, such as I was having trouble with.

For example, my articles on photography, genealogy, and R/C cars are all grouped under my group of "Hobbies."  However, those are very disparate hobbies, and an article on R/C cars is not likely of interest as "next" to someone into genealogy, or photography, for example.

If I could have a "Hobbies" group with sub-categories for photography, R/C Hobbies, and genealogy, for example, that problem would be solved.

Otherwise, separate groups must be created for each, and that could result in an entire group with only a single, or two items.  I believe that would be less of a "doesn't make sense to do that" issue with sub-categories.

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps you could just start putting together photographic hubs covering the genealogy of top R/C racers out there.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Pffftt.... very funny, shadesbreath!  hmm  roll

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I rather think it is better to create a group each for photography, genealogy and R/C cars separate instead of clubbing them into one major group. I also face same problem with 2 or 3 hubs of mine which I am contemplating to create separate group heads.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi MsLizzy,

As Venkatachari suggests, we recommend putting your Hubs in smaller, directly related groups based on what the Hubs are about (rather than where they're categorized on the Topic Tree) to ensure that your readers are getting only relevant content that they may be interested in.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Christy. I am humbled at your supporting my suggestion and informing MsLizzy accordingly. I hope everyone will benefit by doing so.

working