I'd like feedback on my Hub: Recipe of Oven Baked Chicken Roast

1. Noreen Fahad profile image80
    Noreen Fahadposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Recipe of Oven Baked Chicken Roast (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 13 months ago

There are several things that I would change this hub to make it better.

1. Don't start off telling people you aren't a good cook.  Nobody want to make a recipe that might not work correctly.

2.  Work on your grammar.  There are several grammatical errors in the hub. You are not wording things the way someone who is fluent in English would word them.

3. I would take out part 1 - gathering ingredients, since everyone knows that is the first step.

4.  The recipe was confusing in parts.  a. You said this was a "Rotisserie chicken recipe or chicken roast."  This is not a rotisserie chicken recipe.  b. You said, "In a bowl make seasoning mixture with melted butter. Add olive oil , seasoning chicken, crushed garlic and lemon juice ." This was confusing to me since you say make the seasoning mixture and then add the seasoning chicken.  I think you mean chicken seasoning (I'm not sure if they sell such a thing here, but maybe they do).  I would specify how to "make seasoning mixture".  Maybe "Melt butter, add chicken seasoning, add olive oil.... "c. There are three sections that need lemons, but you did not specify that the three lemons in the ingredient list was needed in three parts.  You need to explain that somehow. "Take one of the lemons and ..."

5.  You should provide American measurements in addition to what you have provided, since Hubpages audience is mostly American.

6. I would take out all of the tips you have provided. They are very confusing and don't help in any way.

7.  There is something wrong with the thumbnail images. I can't see all the images.  I am sure HubPages is working on fixing that. Okay, I tried again and it works fine this time.

8.  Your nutrition list seems to be incorrect.  The serving size probably shouldn't be a whole chicken, since most people won't eat a whole chicken by themselves, but a whole chicken probably will be more than 164 calories.

9. Instead of a poll, do you like this recipe, you should use the ratings capsule so people can tell you how much they liked it.