jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Amazing Health Benefits Of Baking Soda Or Sodium Bi

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Amazing Health Benefits Of Baking Soda Or Sodium Bicarbonate And Its Many Uses In The Home. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Remove the unsubstantiated medical claims and it should be fine.

As a woman, I can tell you the bit about the baking soda douche is terrible advice. Normal vaginal pH runs a bit acidic and yeast delights in an alkaline environment such as what baking soda creates.

As someone who took a few college level courses in biology, biochemistry, and chemistry, I can tell you the bit about tumors is utter crap. Yes, baking soda will kill cancer cells if you dump the baking soda right on the cancer cells, but then again, so will most things.

2. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 13 months ago

An excellent hub Rajan.  I can't see why it doesn't pass QAP!  Perhaps more "talk" between lists?  That is the only thing I can think of.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 13 months ago

I'm pretty sure that unverified and unqualified statements such that baking soda is a cure for cancer is part of what is stopping this Hub from passing QAP.

Medical fraud is not something HubPages or Google likes to promote.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 13 months ago

In the US making curative claims, other than for clinically proven drugs, is actually illegal (per FDA).

5. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 13 months ago

It is interesting to note that there is some scientific evidence suggesting a role for bicarbonate in cancer prevention/treatment. 

For example just from a very quick and dirty search I found:
    Microenvironmental acidosis in carcinogenesis and metastases: new strategies in prevention and therapy

Expression and/or activity of the SVCT2 ascorbate transporter may be decreased in many aggressive cancers, suggesting potential utility for sodium bicarbonate and dehydroascorbic acid in cancer therapy.

Maybe Rajan needs to do some deep searches of the medical literature in order to construct a bibliography supporting his claims.

6. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 13 months ago

Thanks for your comments  guys. The hub is published now. Possibly the story of Vernon Johnston was causing the red flag as the hub was published once that story was removed.
    I appreciate all your help.