jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: PEZ NO FEET PINS RARE VINTAGE COMPLETE SET 1970`s W

1. PinsParadise profile image59
    PinsParadiseposted 20 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub PEZ NO FEET PINS RARE VINTAGE COMPLETE SET 1970`s WITH DISNEY CHARACTERS (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 20 months ago in reply to this

This Hub is very brief and has the same image 3 times.
      All Hubs should be long-form, media rich, and in-depth.
      Think of a magazine article and not a personal blog post or social media status update.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Sort of a waste of time. Yours and ours.

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
        SmartAndFunposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm afraid you're probably right.

2. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 20 months ago in reply to this

It's just an eBay listing. No more, no less. It's not trying to inform, only to sell the item - with the eBay module right there.

The 'hubber' isn't interested in improving the hub - they only care about the advertising opportunity.

2. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 20 months ago

The title and article copy read like an eBay listing. Like Matthew already stated, you need to write an in-depth magazine-type article about these pins, not sales copy. You could write about the history of the pins, the history of Pez, the artist who designed the pins, how rare each pin is, what a collector should look for to ensure they're getting a genuine article, what sort of condition is acceptable to a collector, etc.

Also, using all caps is considered "yelling."

HubPages isn't an auction site, nor is it a site to so directly promote your business or your eBay store. HubPages is an information site, where you can post in-depth articles to help build your reputation as an expert in your field, thereby increasing your online presence and indirectly, perhaps your eBay sales.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Exactly what I though of, EBay.

3. Missy Smith profile image89
    Missy Smithposted 20 months ago

I'm not going to be as hard on you. I kind of get that you are displaying these certain pieces, and you put the larger picture up for better view. However, the other hubbers have some valid points. My suggestion would be not to put this up as a hub, unless you plan to talk about your personal attachment to the pieces, where they came from, and how you acquired them, specifically. Otherwise, the others are correct, there is no substance to the piece, and it's boring in that way. Hubpages is a more in-depth website where you share information on subjects that others will be interested in reading. It has to have more detail, more facts.

working