jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How best to remove and save hubs from hubpages ?

1. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 13 months ago

As to falling traffic  , low hub score and the possibility  of finding a sight more suited to poetry , what is the best way to remove hubs from hub-pages and save them , do I have to print them  individually for instance ?

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I always write my hubs in word first and then paste them into HP to have another copy.  There is a scrapbook addon for firefox that will allow you to save, Evernote might be a possibility.  There are also softwares out there that will save a copy of a website for you to view offline and there may be browser add-ons that do the same as well.  Good luck.

2. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Wow, you have a lot of hubs to save.  I would right-click on ause the  hub and save as, think the option is a HTML file and put them into drop box where they will always be available to you.  Seems a shame to move them after they have been here so long.

3. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 13 months ago in reply to this

Your hubs were always popular, and your scores were good, as I remember. It makes me sad that you are going to remove them after all this time. I save my hubs in Word, so don't know best way to remove them, but others are helping you. I just wanted to say good luck to you and wish your were going to stay, or at least leave some hubs. I believe you used to be a top earner.

4. Becky Katz profile image85
      Becky Katzposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I would make a file for them in Word and copy, paste them into it. Then you would have them on your computer. If you do not want them clogging up your computer,  get a flash drive (they are about  $6). Save them onto your flash drive and they are secure and out of your way. Everything I write is on a flash drive and I never need to worry about losing it.

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image88
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 13 months ago in reply to this

It makes me sad that you are leaving, but I do wish you the best of luck with what ever you do. 
      I know you have many friends here who are poetry junkies like me.
      Have a blessed day.

I save all my work in MS Word I can format it to look almost identical to a hub. Plus I can do things in that I can't do on HP.  You could keep some of your hubs on here, that is if you like to read other people's work.

6. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Ahorseback, please DON'T LEAVE.  I love your discussions.  Your poems are wonderful!

2. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 13 months ago

I think it is very important for all of us to save our Hubs.  I go so far as to print each one after I have written the Hub in Google Documents for safe keeping.  I used to write the Hub in Word, but I found the copy and paste does not always keep the format I had in the Word program.
    It's easy to unpublish any Hub.  Make sure you wait long enough for the Hub to no longer show up in search engines, etc.

3. Kristen Howe profile image82
    Kristen Howeposted 13 months ago

I have some poetry hubs here on HP. You can promote them via social media or share here. You can add links, images, ad capsules. That's what I do with mine. I save mine on Simple Text.  Sad to hear  you're leaving HP.

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image61
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 13 months ago

Would hate to see you leave HP. I am trying to fight back recently by writing poetry and different articles. I'll see how it goes. There is a new site for poetry and stories etc. They go through Daily Two Cents and are called Penstrokes. There is info on there how to join them. I'm still exploring the site. I also write for All Poetry. However please stay on HubPages a bit longer.

5. makingamark profile image76
    makingamarkposted 13 months ago

You can save all hubs by using the "save page as"

If you use Apple and have Safari, the benefit of doing it using Safari is you get a complete file (which looks identical to the hub as it is right now) and all the links are live. I've found this is the best way for creating the best 'copy' of a hub which is really easy to read

The other place I archive content to is Evernote https://evernote.com - but I also include domain URLs, and relevant stats data and and keywords on the Evernote file.  That then makes it accessible via my iMac and mobile devices