jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic stopped on January 20

1. William15 profile image84
    William15posted 13 months ago

Did we ever find a definite answer as to why?

Across three hubpages accounts, I lost 80% of my ad impressions over night on January 20th and it hasn't come back. Traffic was steady for months and years, dropped precipitously over night and has stayed steady at the new level for 8 months. The drop was equal (percentage-wise) and at the same time across each of the three accounts Any reason why?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Why would anyone other than you be aware of or investigating your Hub traffic loss? 

Your account activity shows you have not taken any actions at all in the last nine months prior to making this post.  Who is the royal "we" that you think is somehow looking into your question?

1. William15 profile image84
        William15posted 13 months ago in reply to this

Please don't be a bully.

I asked a similar question about the traffic several months ago (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/128975) as well as direct communication with other hubbers who were having the identical problem. I assumed it was a larger, wide-spread issue.

I must have really touched a nerve for you to have responded in the way that you did. I apologize for offending you with my question.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Don't take it personally. Relache is a very straight-to-the-point person. I agree with her in that you gave minimal information in your question, so there was no reason why we'd have an answer without more specifics.

2. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 13 months ago

I think that might just be a question only you or HQ can answer.

I was puzzled by your question and took a look at three very different hubs on my account and I can see no drop in my traffic around that date.

3. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 13 months ago

No drop in my account around that day either.