jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

How hubpage calculate hub score and hubber score?

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image77
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

Does any one know how Hubpages calculate hub score? Hubber score?
    It is very much confusing.
    Hubpages say that they calculate hub score with various factors  number of words or length of text in a particular hub and traffic. However, I witnessed opposite many times.

I have witnessed hubscore falling but traffic rising and vice verse.

Similarly my hubberscore has fallen from 97 to 90 but my traffic is increased during these days.

can any one show some light on the topic?
    jyoti Kothari

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Traffic is not the only factor.

2. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1) http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore

2) Don't worry about your HubScore. As long as you're over the 75 for AuthorScore (HubberScore) and 40 (it used to be 50) for HubSCore you're doing plenty right. And if you're in the 90's you're doing just about everything right.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You know, I think people are worrying about their hub scores way too much. I keep seeing post upon post upon post about it. Personally, I don't worry about it.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you, what am I going to do let some computer determine how I feel about myself or my writing?

3. 0
    TheSandmanposted 7 years ago

I hate being told what to do or how I'm doing by a computer. I'd rather here from a Huber ..Gee Dan that one really sucks or that was great than have some unknown formula and computer determine my standing

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hal is going to get you sandman!

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

((# of Pageviews/word count) divided 4.66) x (# of days hub is active x 399.55)+(# of fans/ # of your fans' fans)+ (# of letters in the 4th, 29th, 595th word in your hub) + ( 56 x your average length of time cruising the forums)

(the number of times you've wondered what the formula was)

As you can tell by the above formula, the more times you wonder what the formula is, the less the score will be!   Stop worrying about it!

1. 0
      deanstar888posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Give that monkey a banana...and a hug !

5. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

Its like anything automated, keywords etc., would effect it visits would effect it comments on it would effect it, however activity in itself doesn't appear to make the slightest difference to the score going up or down, I had a lot that got thumbs down from a certain organisation........ All my Hubs were flagged as deceptive, and that obviously affec ted my score,yet will those pages were technically unpublished, needing revision, to rid the Hubs, of the deception, which incidentally was. B.S.
    The scores went up and down.
    No answer it is just mental.

6. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Is that all I get for solving a hubber's biggest question???

7. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

To be honest it's something that doesn't bother me, am more concerned with Adsense clicks. An extra point on my hubscore makes me nowt.