jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Flashplayer removed from Chrome for security reasons. Safe?

1. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 18 months ago

It is safe to download Flashplayer?. It was on Chrome but not any more. due to security issues. Google removed it this month, I am afraid to use the activex, but we still need it to run videos and upload photos. Correct?

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
      Faith Reaperposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Audrey,

I noticed that I was unable to view videos here on HubPages and elsewhere and my husband told me that I needed to download Adobe Flash, and after he did that for me, I can view it all.  I think I had it on Chrome but not Internet Explorer.  I didn't realize Google had removed it.  He went to the official Adobe site to download it.  I have upgraded to Microsoft 10, and it may have had something to do with it too, but it is all good now.  I hope there are no security issues.

brakel2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Faith. At one time, I had a license to it from an official site that I could share on my network with my husband. I don't know how to get it again, as that computer crashed. Thanks for giving me this information, as it makes me feel better about it. I may google license  and try to get it again, or find the official site, like your husband. You are so sweet.  Blessings.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 18 months ago

From my understanding, java, flash and a few other commonly used plugins are slowly being phased out on most web browsers, as they're seen as a bit old and clunky. So yes, you can still use them, they just won't be that common soon.

brakel2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks WryLilt. Nowadays, it is hard to keep anything very secure, especially these older plugins. I remember Adobe Flash Player was hacked a lot at one time. I wish it was still on Chrome, because I never had trouble with it. On Firefox, it crashed a lot. It was built into Chrome.

3. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 18 months ago

You can activate another plugin by googling Chrome pepper flash player or using article below..

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

working