So, you already get the point don't you? Blogger and WordPress get no comments! So here we are, in the most fascinating place for social interaction in all of Internet. Facebook? They don't get a clue!
I've a few quick suggestions:
1. HubPages' front page (the first page that we hit when we enter the website) I feel is quite outdated. The frontpage creates an impression of the totality of the website. I recently checked actor Leonardo DiCaprio's official website, and the interface of that site is strikingly beautiful. I'm not a software specialist and I can not tell precisely what software they're using, but it would be nice if we could get something like that for HubPages and update the front page.
2. I suggest a search-feature that lets us search hubbers by countries. This proposed search feature would dramatically increase our capability to discover a lot of hidden treasures on this website.
3. I know HubPages is going through a mild traffic-drought, but when things improve, it would be nice if we get a few officially set creative challenges and contests (a regenerated 'HubPatron', for example). It keeps up the inspiration at its top level.
4. I know that none of my suggestions will be taken seriously!
This thing we have now is HP's "new" version of the homepage. I prefer WordPress but make room for both. I will keep my hubs I have here, but I will likely not be creating more or if I do, it will be on topics I want to write about that don't necessarily fit with the blogs and websites I have established.
One great thing about doing your own websites - you can learn to make them look however you want them to look. Unfortunately, as people are going more and more to mobile devices - great designs have kind of gone by the wayside in my opinion. It's harder to make great designs that look beautiful across all platforms - so we see a whole new generation of very flat sites.
3 hours: and still no comments? I threaten to move my threads to the blogging world!
Comments are not what I am looking for....
I write online for a profit....
Most of what I write is informational and does not attract comments.. Here or on WordPress..
What I do write about Saudi Arabia attracts thousands of comments here and in WordPress - makes no difference..
But when it comes to generating an income - sorry HP......
I checked Leo's website out and I think hubpages would benefit from a better face for outside viewers that came across it. Maybe randomly flashing pics of our authors here. I think you have some very interesting ideas for hubpages DasEngel.
Do vote for me next time! I've thought of setting up my own websites (I had have some ideas that might change the internet and help out some people) in the past. But setting up a website requires practical expertise, capital and patience. I've none . Maybe in future I'll try my ideas on my own venue instead of persuading others (those who are unwilling) to look at my ideas. But hey, I can still experiment here.
Thank you for the nice comment. Much appreciated.
Regarding the L Caprio website: that website is loading pretty quicly, considering the fact that it has a lot of visual material packed inside it. There are 5 slots creating a slideshow, we can use each of the slots for:
1. Hub of the Day
2. Hubs with Unique & Interesting content (not easily found elsewhere on the internet)
3. HubPages' current Quantcast (or some other) stats
4. A screenshot and link of the Wikipedia article about HubPages
5. The latest preview of the forums, Q & A sections, HubPages' blog etc, with direct link to them
6. "flashing pics of our authors here", as you pointed out
7. Preview of the learning center
8. Pictures of the HubPages office
9. And lots more!!
These sound like q.quite good suggestions to me, especially being able to search other hubbers by their country
I have lots of (hosted) Wordpress sites and some of my articles, I get so many comments I trash half of them, as it makes the page scroll too far.
Yes, Hubpages has members who will comment. However you still won't get quality comments on boring content.
As long as your content inspires questions, is interesting, provides great information or starts controversy, you'll get opinions no matter where you writer.
by TIMETRAVELER210 months ago
I am so tired of having people post that they are unhappy and have decided to leave HP as a result. In some cases, I see their point, but in most, what I see is a bunch of individuals who have not taken the time...
by Susannah Birch4 months ago
You can't. Just had to put that out there as I'm seeing newbies all over the forums going on about these topics lately.Serious money comes from getting views from Google NOT from having other hubbers visit your work....
by Susan Keeping7 years ago
I've taken the plunge and got my own domain to host a new blog. It's going to be called Writers Biographies. I'm using Wordpress. Can anyone suggest any plug-ins you think I should add? I have added Akismeht and Google...
by Simone Haruko Smith5 years ago
Hello everyone!Now that Money Grows in Hubs has moved on to final judging stages and all entries have been entered, it's time to reflect. This has been an AMAZING contest. We had 5,707 total entries (1,073...
by cutedoll7 years ago
I really like hubpages very much. Its a great source of meeting new people, getting lot of information, sharing your knowledge and also earning money. I never liked any other website this much. How about you? Do you...
by David2 years ago
I just wrote a hub on making money with HubPages but wanted to make sure it's ok before publishing. I know you are not supposed to mention what you are earning on HP, but is it ok to use titles like 'How To Earn $1000...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.