jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Should We Celebrate Halloween?

1. James M Becher profile image57
    James M Becherposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Should We Celebrate Halloween?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
      Elsie Hagleyposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Had a look at your hub, I think if you remove the amazon adds you will get it featured.
      That is what I have been doing, it was all good at Squidoo, but not on HubPages, two adds at the most and must be on the subject.
      All the best, hope you get it featured, as Halloween isn't far away

2. Kristen Howe profile image82
    Kristen Howeposted 13 months ago

James, you do have a good hub here. But I do notice some minor punctuation/grammar errors. You have at least 2-3 amazon/ebay ad capsules. Anything more would be considered spammy. You have an interesting article, though don't in-text the Wikipedia link in the hub and put it in a link capsule. You have linked a bunch of other hubber articles in this hub, too, when it should be original of your own in the most part.  Check out the Learning Center too for passing QAP.

3. James M Becher profile image57
    James M Becherposted 13 months ago

I don't think it's the in-texting of the Wikipedia links as I do the same on others and they are featured-and I thought we were supposed to do it to give the source of the quote at the point quoted.  Also I don't understand why I shouldn't link to other hubbers' hubs as this hub is meant to be a debate or duel hub.  I say in the opening that I will not give the answer and even that I am unsure myself, so I ask for opinions, and I think it would be helpful if someone else is undecided to check other views.  That's why also that I originally had more product links, which I have now eliminated.   I get the point about the hubs being original, but this one is an original duel/debate hub.   Also doesn't it help others to link to them?   I don't know, maybe I'm still suffering from Suid-lag.
    I really wish someone from HP headquartes would reply to these forums so we can be sure what they're after,

4. Kristen Howe profile image82
    Kristen Howeposted 13 months ago

You can email them at team@hubpages.com if you want to. That's just my opinion on why it's unfeatured, when I read it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 13 months ago

There are entirely too many outbound links, which might be a problem.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 13 months ago

All sales products must be directly related to the content of the hub.  My personal opinion is that it is the Halloween costumes link that is throwing off the hub.    Buying costumes has nothing to do with whether or not Halloween should be celebrated.  I would just take that one off.  I don't think it will cost you any sales, since you get credit for whatever people buy once they get to Amazon.