jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Question About Editbot

1. littlething profile image82
    littlethingposted 18 months ago

Just something I noticed. The hubs that have been edited by Editbot have already picked up more traffic than what is usual for them, even after dismissing my view to see the changes. We also know that Google loves fresher content. Is it possible that our Google overlords see this as a sort of site wide mass editing? What I mean is this. If Editbot makes changes, than the hub has been edited. Does this mean we will see a boost in traffic due to these edits, just as I would see a (temporary) boost in traffic if I went in to make changes? And on a larger scale, would this pull in more traffic to the site in general, not just those edited by the bot? I'd also love to know if anyone else is seeing this, or if my hubs just suddenly became popular for no particular reason. (Not that I'd mind!)

1. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Editbot? I have been a member of HP for now going on five years and littlethings, this is THE first I have heard of this application. Exactly what does it do or not do?
      If it would give me more traffic, I would be glad to climb aboard.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I was getting a bit more traffic to edited Hubs (edited by editbot). That would be awesome if you're right and this would cause a site-wide increase in traffic.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
        kenneth averyposted 18 months ago in reply to this

how do my hubs get edited (without my knowledge) by this Editbot?

1. paradigm search profile image80
          paradigm searchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

The Editbot explanation party is at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/133104 smile

3. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Marina just posted an update related to EditBot here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2767050

2. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 18 months ago

Needless to say, that's The Plan and I hope you're right. big_smile

As for my own traffic, I haven't noticed anything different yet.

3. makingamark profile image73
    makingamarkposted 18 months ago

It might cause more traffic for a while - until Google notices what is going on and wallops the HubPages big time.

That would be it considers that any republishing represents the site as having new content when actually all that's happened is one or two typos have been corrected

Google does NOT like sites which republish without new content.

4. lisavollrath profile image90
    lisavollrathposted 18 months ago

The two hubs of mine that have been Editbotted have declining traffic today.

working