jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

RESOLVED: Availability Issues

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 17 months ago

Sorry if you're having trouble accessing HubPages this morning. 

We are experiencing some intermittent issues related to our hosting in Amazon AWS.  We use several services from Amazon to keep the site running.  To help stabilize the site, the feed and notifications were disabled.  There are several technical issues getting reported by Amazon, so these efforts may not fully keep the site up.  Once Amazon services are restored, we will enable our services again. 

Best,

Paul

UPDATE:  Services are restored.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Yes, Amazon services are down.  I tried to order some books(LOVE AMAZON) but kept being rerouted.  Hopefully, Amazon services will be functioning in full gear soon.

2. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanx for the heads up!

3. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 17 months ago in reply to this

As Paul mentioned, services have been restored and the issue is resolved.

2. makingamark profile image72
    makingamarkposted 17 months ago

Thanks for keeping us informed.

3. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 17 months ago

I was redirected here from my post about comments not showing in the feed any more. It was claimed that this was down to issues with the site, my thread was marked as resolved and a link to this thread was posted - but the issue is not resolved because hubber's comments are still not being shown in the feed! Why resolve the thread if the issue is not resolved? I can't see anyone's comments any more unless they are commenting on my own hubs. Interaction is down!

1. makingamark profile image72
      makingamarkposted 17 months ago in reply to this

So report it and make it clear that your problem is DIFFERENT from the one people think is resolved.

If you tagged your report on to somebody else's report it may well be that their problem was resolved while yours is not.

You always have to do your own report. I'm not sure if that's what you did but it struck me this might be a reason why you got the response you did.

1. sparkster profile image92
        sparksterposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I made my own forum post about it. It was immediately marked as resolved before it even had any replies. It's not MY problem, it's a site-wide change. What do you see in your feed? Just hubs, forum and posts and questions/answers, right? What happened to latest comments? They have been eliminated. It seems pretty clear that HP are not planning on doing anything about it.

Closed to reply

working