RESOLVED: Comments no longer showing in feed

1. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 13 months ago

I have noticed that comments posted on hubs are no longer showing in the HubPages feed. Usually, when someone commented on a hub it brought that hub up to the top of the feed and showed the latest comment. This would sometimes result in people checking out the hub to see what it's about and to check out the other comments. Since this feature has been removed, active hubs are now not being shown in the feed any more and therefore only the author of the hub and people who have commented on it are notified of new activity. Since this change I have noticed that traffic on my hubs has decreased significantly and whereas this would previously have resulted in a hub getting a little extra boost in traffic, this is no longer the case. I am quite disappointed by the removal of this feature. I enjoyed being able to tell which hubs had been commented on and who had commented on them and I think that resulted in a lot of interaction on HubPages. Obviously, this is no longer the case and I find the new feed to be quite mundane, boring and not very useful and it doesn't encourage interaction. I think this is a change which is going to affect a lot of hubbers adversely.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 13 months ago in reply to this

There was an issue that resulted in the temporary disabling of the feed. The services have been restored . You can find a related forum thread here.

Closed to reply