jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Appropriate Google Ads.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I mentioned this when I first joined and I am wondering about the amount of Google ads for tattoos I see when I go to my Hubs. I write about cooking and the south of France. Is there any way of fiddling with the ad code to get more appropriate ads. Or am I just being picky?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago in reply to this

How about tatoos of great dishes and the latest cooking wares?...Just kidding!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

It can take google a few requests to digest the content of your hub in order to match ads to it.  Until they've done that, they make a guess based on what type of pages are getting the most traffic on the entire domain (all of hubpages.com).  There are a lot of hubs about tattoos getting traffic right now, so thus you see tattoo ads.  I don't think there is much we can do to change that, but in general it should resolve it self once your page has gotten a bit of traffic.

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Don't despair Mark, once Google has sorted out what your hub is about it'll find extremely targeted and appropriate ads.

I just did a quick look at 4 of my Star Wars themed ones and one did have tattoo ads, but the other three were all about Star Wars. And when I refreshed the one with the tattoo ads it then showed more Star Wars ads.

4. Mark Knowles profile image61

Ok,

Thanks guys.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 9 years ago

If your content and tags are tightly focused, that issue should resolve rather quickly.

6. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Paul,

You can use <!-- google_ad_section_start --> and <!-- google_ad_section_end --> around text capsules to make ads more targeted. That's absolutely legitimate and listed in adsense help.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I always wondered if this worked on Hubs, was it ever implemented?

It should be!

7. teeray profile image66
    teerayposted 9 years ago

Sorry - but the funniest thing I've heard today was Patty Inglish's food/tatty joke! OMG I love it. Sorry - no helpful comments for your adsense ad dilemma, Mr. Knowles.

8. Mark Knowles profile image61

Thanks anyway. I like a good joke anyway. I was thinking of getting a tattoo but can't decide whether to have a "Teflon" one or not.

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I never checked. I guess not, but I am not going to bitch around about it. lol

I have it on all my sites that use adsense though. smile

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

me too, thought maybe there was an html trick i wasnt aware of here, thanks for answering - i found this ancient thread because i was going to request such a feature - seems like a waste of time if it was brought up years ago and never implemented

working