jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: ALL ABOUT SPIRIT GUIDES

1. Poppy I profile image59
    Poppy Iposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub ALL ABOUT SPIRIT GUIDES (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 13 months ago in reply to this

1. Lose the upper case title. Use title case.
      2. Your text is too 'blocky'. Space it out into paragraphs and over more than one text module.
      3. It appears that the Hub is written to drive readers to your website... because of this...
      4. The article is shallow and a little bit dull - it certainly doesn't live up to the title.
      5. Explain how you know for sure that we all have spirit guides. You state it as fact in your intro but don't back it up with proof.

1. Poppy I profile image59
        Poppy Iposted 13 months ago in reply to this

i love yr feedback! thanks

2. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 13 months ago

Your article exists to promote your website where you sell services to communicate with spirits. HP no longer allows people to advertise their businesses under the guise of article writing.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 months ago

Welcome to Hub Pages, Poppy I

As a new member, you will find the best results here if you first spend some time studying the things in the Learning Center, found here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

As calculus-geometry mentioned, it is not allowed to write articles simply for the purpose of promoting your own (or another) website, particularly if it is a commercial or other selling-type site.

For that, use social media outlets such as Face Book and Twitter.

Hub Pages is a fun community with a lot of friendly helpful people, and if you follow the guidelines, you'll enjoy your time here.

Best wishes.

4. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 13 months ago

It's choppy - perhaps take yourself out of the narrative and explain what spirit guides do, their origins, and some of the lore or facts associate with them - think how you would write an essay about spirit guides and not your experiences.  Don't promote yourself, promote the subject of the piece.  Break up your work into sections that show the different parts instead of running on in a long narrative.

5. Patricia Nicolina profile image78
    Patricia Nicolinaposted 13 months ago

The overall theme of the article is an interesting one. I've contacted my Guides as well and I find it important that the information is shared with those who wish to receive/believe it in order to assist the flow of their lives. I feel that in the article, you're too "general." You state these claims about Guides, but it might be helpful to give concrete evidence of your experience to your readers. How did you meet your Guides? How do you know the nature of Spirit Guides? Why exactly is it that you are posting this article? How is the information within it beneficial? Also, there are a few grammatically incorrect sentences and general typos that you may want to go through and correct. It might also be best to break up the paragraphs according to subject instead of meshing everything together. I love the idea. I hope my comment helps. smile