jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Manually Choosing "Related Hubs" In The Sidebar

1. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

Would it be possible for us to manually choose the hubs listed in the Related hubs on the sidebar.

I don't mind at all having links to quality hubs of other authors, it's when the links go to substandard hubs, hubs that may show and opinion I disagree with, or that I just don't want being an outlink on my page that kinda of bothers me. Without understanding hubpages, a reader could look at related links and think that they an endorsement for suggested reading by the author of the hub displaying them.

There are some I've come across in my own hub's "Related hubs sidebar box that I would not want others thinking I was suggesting that the hub was worth reading.

I would much rather take the time to find 6 quality related hubs when I'm building my own, then have some of the questionable material come up automatically.

Can this be an option?

1. bgamall profile image85
      bgamallposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lol, since none of my hubs are substandard I would just list my own! (Just kidding)

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This would be a great option, especially if we could include our trackers.  However, there would have to be some block that prevented us choosing our own Hubs, because that wouldn't be fair.

1. bgamall profile image85
        bgamallposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If there is a subject where you have more than one hub sometimes your own hubs are chosen by Hubpages. You would not want that to stop would you Marisa?

2. marcofratelli profile image81
    marcofratelliposted 7 years ago

Good question. I'd also be interested in knowing if you can manually choose Related Hubs...but I have a feeling it's just there to display hubs published in the same category.

I hear what you're saying about a reader getting the impression you may have "endorsed" related hubs.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

People might just list their own hubs though. Still, good one.

4. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

I already have told about it.

But no one listened to it.