jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Hub is not featured need opionion why it's claimed Spam

1. delia-delia profile image82
    delia-deliaposted 13 months ago

I have a Hubpage that hasn't been featured for a while. Since I can't find the solution or the definition for the HQ claim of being Spam... I've rewritten, deleted, undone, redone etc. It's a personal story that means something to me. I have done everything possible, and republished to no avail of getting it featured...

I would appreciate it if someone can take a look and give an opinion...I'm at loss to what else to do.

1. justholidays profile image81
      justholidaysposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Hello baroness smile

Have you tried to remove one of the two Chuck DeHaan selling modules?
      Also you could use full width for pictures?
      Maybe credit and source your signature (top pic)?

I dunno why it is labelled as spam, it's no spam to me sad

Good luck baroness, love your work anyways.
      Me wink

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 13 months ago in reply to this

If the photos are your art work that's where the spam is ! We cannot promote ourselves!

3. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I bet if you remove the links and the Amazon capsules it will be featured.

4. Sharlee01 profile image67
      Sharlee01posted 13 months ago in reply to this

I think your links although  relevant to Christian art are most likely the problem. The links are links to artists selling their paintings. This appear as if you are promoting sales of art. I think if you remove two of the links your hub will be posted. The amazon link is fine, it is relevant, and Hubpages would not offer the option to link to amazon if they felt it spammy. It onl gets spammy when you over use the option or if the amazon link is not relevant. Your hub is wonderful... I can see you put thought as well as work into the hub.  Resubmit it after removing the two links.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

"Spammy elements" usually just means that you have links in the Hub which are not DIRECTLY relevant to the subject.

In this case, I'd say the offending links are to Amazon products, and to other Hubs.

Your Hub is about Christian artists using the fish symbol, but your links are to other Hubs which are not about Christian artists, or are not about the fish symbol.

3. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 13 months ago

Maybe it's the spammy links.

4. delia-delia profile image82
    delia-deliaposted 13 months ago

Thank You Kindly for your responses and suggestions.
    I'm a bit confused about the Amazon, eBay etc ads...I thought these ads are our money maker, if not then what is??? I am used to the Squidoo pay from these, so is it different here?
    As far as the ads that I have still on the page, are directly related to the subject matter...as I mention in the title of the ad...these artists are also using the symbol of Fish.
    Interesting that you can not use your own images and not be considered advertising. I might have images in all my Hubs related with my art...nothing is mentioned FOR SALE, so now what does that do for my 'art by Delia' Hub?
    Being a member of Hubpages indeed has been a challenge trying to figure out so many "don't and do's" that are not specific self explanatory directions...otherwise we would not have to come to the Forum ask other members after ready HQ instructions.
    I will remove my ads and hope for the best...if not resolved I will just move the page to another site.
    Again I really appreciate your responses to my query ... Delia

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Hi delia,

Most Hubbers find they earn much more from the HubPages Ad Program than from product capsules. You will need a Google AdSense account to participate, but I think you'll find it worthwhile to sign up. smile

delia-deliaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank You Christy...Yes, I'm signed up for all of them...I guess I'll just forget the money...although I enjoyed giving my Squid money to charity or causes.

5. Kristen Howe profile image81
    Kristen Howeposted 13 months ago

The real money makers are when viewers click on our ads on our hub pages. I've made no ebay sales and 2 Amazon sales this spring in over a year. Just keep 1 or 2 ad capsules and all would be fine. Each hub is different.

delia-deliaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

TY...I only had two...I just deleted them...I've been here at HP for 1 year and haven't even reached $10...so I'm not relying on $$... I miss my Squid pay though ;-)

6. Kristen Howe profile image81
    Kristen Howeposted 13 months ago

Delia, I've been hear for a year and have reached $14. Sometimes it's not necessary.  You're welcome.