jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

HTML Links in middle of text.

1. moonlake profile image87
    moonlakeposted 15 months ago

I'm still finding HTML links in my hubs that I have not put there. The one today was tomatoes highlighted and it took me to someone's hub I didn't know. Is there anyone else having this problem?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

This effect is normally caused by viruses on the computer you are using.  Try pointing out a hub with one of these links and see if people using other computers also see it.

1. moonlake profile image87
        moonlakeposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I have removed two off two Hubs and haven't found any more. The HTML either goes to another hub or it goes to Topics.  I can't give you an example until I find another one. When I find another one I'll be sure to put it on here.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 15 months ago

How old are the hubs? Were they inserted by the discontinued Hubpages feature that used to insert "relevant" links (can't remember what it's called)?

It used to do that at random, link up words to other random hubs or topics.

1. Colleen Swan profile image93
      Colleen Swanposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Hi, I have just started a new hub, and these links about 8 so far are appearing .  I am using Chrome with the Windows 10.  I have noticed the Windows 10 seems to assist anything that will bug chrome.

Are they in any of your currently published hubs?

Just had a look, and it seems that all my hubs are infected with likely hundreds of links.

I looked at five of your hubs and they are fine.  As I suggested earlier, the problems is probably a piece of malware on your computer adding links that only you can see.  I suggest running a good malware detecting program.  I suggest Adware, it is effective and free. http://www.lavasoft.com/

Yes, Thank you for this info. I will get to it. Colleen

2. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Mine were in older hubs so far I haven't seen them in new or edited hubs.

working