jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Category...Hunting Fishing Shooting

1. C.S.Alexis profile image89
    C.S.Alexisposted 8 years ago

Today I started reorganizing my hubs to improve on my profile page. Now I never was too happy with the category I put many of my hubs.... Because Sports and Recreation has a sub category that is hunting fishing and shooting. This seems to be the only place I can list to get FISHING.

I DO NOT want to be associated with guns in any way shape or form. It looks like I am some kind of Annie Oakley on my profile! LOL LOL!!

I would like to know if anyone has a better idea for me to group these hubs so that FISHING is the main category and I can leave the guns for people who are IN TO KILLING. It ain't me.

2. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I do not know of another category either C.S., but I concur with your desire not to be associated with guns and hunting.  I used to feel sad when some hunters were always looking for deers in our local mountains , especially since they are much more rare these days.  I guess I am just overly sensitive about the hunting thing.  I think fishing is far more humane smile.

3. C.S.Alexis profile image89

SweetiePie,
    I am upset with this because I feel very strong about guns. They are made for killing. I do not want my Topic Intrests to include the words SHOOTING or HUNTING. There has got to be a way for me to exclude the two and not have to be associated with them.

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS CATEGORY!

1. SweetiePie profile image85
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree with what you are saying.  I would not want my topics mixed with guns either.  I really hate guns with a passion to be honest.

4. C.S.Alexis profile image89

I am going to go through all of my hubs and try to get them put together , categorized better and I guess there will be some others I am not satisfied with. The thing is, for me...hunting and shooting is NOT GOING TO WORK.

5. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

The examiner has some funny categories too.  I feel funny writing about arts and crafts next to all the gamers because it looks like I do not belong there lol.

6. hubman profile image61
    hubmanposted 8 years ago

C.S.Alexis,

I actually think that it would be nice if the Hubpage editors separated the categories you are referring to. From an SEO standpoint, a category dedicated to fishing and fishing related subjects would be far superior to having all three categories clumped together.

I would like to ask them real nicely to please consider making all categories more targeted. This would help with pagerank and allow you and others to write to a targeted category. I think this would solve your problem and make your content rank far better.

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

How about the recreation category? hmm or outdoor sports?

8. C.S.Alexis profile image89

Personally I feel that fishing and related subject matter should stand alone since it has nothing to do with GUNS, Why not put ice hockey with shooting? it is a sport, or baseball, it is outside. Just is not right.

9. C.S.Alexis profile image89

Thank You Thank You Thank You. I was thrilled to see that my topic of interests no longer include hunting and shooting. Thank the HUB Gods!

1. profile image0
      C. C. Riterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good now you can quit shootin' yer mouth off.LOL

working