jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'm pleased to say Editbot hasn't done anything to mess up my fiction

1. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 12 months ago

When I learned HubPages was setting an Editbot free to make corrections to our hubs and the comments on our hubs, I was a bit concerned about what it might do to my works of fiction on HubPages, particularly my serialized science fiction novel. I'm happy to report it hasn't done anything to them. Editbot has left alone all of the dialogue and made-up words. That was totally unexpected!

2. 80
    Amerakaposted 12 months ago

Yes I didn't hear about this but I'm glad it didn't correct it. I have science fiction and fantasy novels as well.

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Did the Editbot make any changes on any of yours?

Some dialogue tends to not be terribly grammatically correct because people just don't speak that way all of the time. I was fairly sure some of the words I made up to explain fictional concepts would get caught in the new filter but they've sailed right through with nothing for me to fix.

I wonder if they just somehow skip hubs with a lot of quotation marks in them or if they managed this some other way?

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

Yeah, the editbot was pretty good. Of course there were a few mishaps, but I had one hub where I talk about using Interjections in sentences and I was concerned about that one. I was pleased to discover that it left all of the interjections alone. Somehow it knew not to touch them.