jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How to find out who has linked to my hub?

1. K Kiss profile image75
    K Kissposted 12 months ago

In many of my hubs when I check out the stats it shows that Incoming links is *****
    I just want to know how to locate in which blogs or websites they are being linked.

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 12 months ago in reply to this

A tool you can get for Free is offered by Moz(dot)com. It is called the MozBar and can be downloaded onto Chrome or Firefox. It is their system of measurements closely associated to Google's SEO practices, techniques, and algorithms. It is live presenting information beginning at the browser page for each ranked page easily seen for each page entry.

At a glance you will see with a page their measures for a Root Domain Authority, Page Authority, count of links, and a few other options with additional tools. Some of those options have limitations and the bulk are available through their paid subscription service for a PRO version.

Kinda' of expensive for HubPages purposes with your Hubs. However, the Free version offers opportunity for learning SEO especially with compare and contrast with site metrics and page metrics. With personal Hubs I find it to be invaluable for links in my hubs.

The link option is enough for most Hub usage seeking link information.However, certainly understanding link types and their values should be learned. The Free version places limitations on the the link metrics information service. One is how many times per day it can be used, which is three.

The logic of order for viewing link info is the following: (Note: I have not explored all of these, so do not know what limitations may be placed on those parameters)

Target - Page, Sub-domain, domain
      Link Source - All pages, internal, external
      Link Type - with link equity, without link equity, nofollow, only rel=nofollow, only (code) 301, only (code) 302

It will provide the following information:
      Title and URL
      Anchor text
      Spam rating
      Domain Authority
      Page Authority

I like it. I have learned much about SEO principals and their application.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 months ago

I believe that google analytics can give you that information.  At least it used to.

3. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 12 months ago

Google Webmaster Tools will tell you who links to your pages. Also, Analytics will tell you where social shares are coming from.

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 months ago

Looking at all time traffic often shows what other websites are sending you visitors.

1. K Kiss profile image75
      K Kissposted 12 months ago in reply to this

That is indeed true but I mostly see Google and pinterest there and sometimes a particular hubber's name pops up.