jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

How to find out whether your hub appears on the first page of google?

1. K Kiss profile image74
    K Kissposted 15 months ago

Do I just copy paste the title of my hub in google search or is there any other way to find out where a hub stands in google.

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 15 months ago in reply to this

That is usually the easiest way... but if your hub has a long and unusual title then you will almost always be on the first page of google...

For instance if your hub is "The ins and outs of keeping a pet Yorkshire terrier with bigger dogs" and you search for this title (with the "..") you will almost certainly be the top - but how many people will actually search for that specific phrase?

You need to think about what people will actually type into Google when they are searching about your subject area.. You can use the Google adwords tool to find out what people actually search for and how many times they search for it.... If no one is searching for your phrase or keywords then even if you are the top listing in Google you will not get any traffic....

K Kissposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for the clarification LeanMan. I guess I can never really know for certain.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Type the keyphrase you're going for into the search engine and you'll see if you rank for it.

1. NateB11 profile image92

Also, Google Webmaster Tools will show you how you rank for keyphrases, under the Index tab.

1. NateB11 profile image92

Sorry, it's actually under Search Traffic and then Search Analytics (left side) and click on Position when you get to the analytics page.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 15 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12591067.jpg

K Kissposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Indeed. Must be the case with most of my hubs tongue

2. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

I love this sign, and how true it is. lol. I am on first page for a writing challenge, but no one may ever look for that title.

3. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 15 months ago

You should do your search in a browser you never use to visit your hubs. Google search remembers if you've visited a site previously, and ranks it higher in results when you search for the same topic again.

For example, if I use Chrome, my everyday browser, to search for my hub about the Woodmen's Circle Home, it will rank first on the first page, and tell me when I visited it last. If I search for the same hub in IE, which I never use, the same hub will show up somewhere on the first page of search results, but not first.

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

If you use Chrome, you must turn off private results, but even that does not ensure you will get accurate information. When I see myself on page 1 number 1, I never know whether to believe it. It is not worthwhile for me to ponder it. Good idea to use IE for further checking if need more info.

4. kenyaentrepreneur profile image84
    kenyaentrepreneurposted 15 months ago

Google Analytics allows you to see the average page ranking for many of the relevant terms in your page.

5. K Kiss profile image74
    K Kissposted 15 months ago

Thanks a lot everyone. Even after being here on hubpages for 6 years I have so much to learn!!

working