jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Beginner's Tips from a Hubpage Beginner

1. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 12 months ago

Hi Everyone.

I've just reached my first 1000 hits after starting HubPages around 6 weeks ago. I'm absolutely loving it!

Just thought I'd share some useful tips I've picked up to get you started.

- Pick a topic you're passionate about, this'll make it easier to come up with interesting hubs. As a musician, I've chosen topics like guitar reviews etc.

- Make sure you're following the word-count, video and image guidelines when creating a hub, so that hopefully you'll get all of your hubs featured.

- To make it easier on yourself, take your own pictures, otherwise you'll need to source them from public sites and add all the appropriate references, which is a pain.

- Be active on the HubPages community, follow people, ask questions, ask to get your pages reviewed.

- Post links to your Hubs on as many other sites as you can. For me I've found music gear forums to be particularly effective. This'll improve your google ranking, which'll in turn lead to more hits.

- Be patient with AdSense, I've been rejected many times already. Don't spam AdSense requests,  just keep writing, keep publishing and eventually you'll get accepted.

- Analyse your stats, and focus your writing on the types are hubs which are most popular.

Hopefully the next 1000 hits will come sooner smile

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 months ago in reply to this

This is great advice Adam. You've off to a great start.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

Mostly good advice, however:

You should only ask other writers here to review your work if you are having problems or feel uncertain about it.  If every newbie here asked for help on every article, nobody here would have time to create!

Also, while taking your own photos is a great idea IF you are very good at doing so, you don't have to worry about using photos from sites such as Morguefile.com or Pixabay.com because they do not require attribution in most instances.  Pixabay, in some instances, does want this, but it's rare.

You can edit photos for free on Picmonkey.com.  It takes awhile to learn how, but really creates great photos.

Take the time tor read the info in the learning center...just about all of the answers you seek are there.  Also, read hubs by people who have been here for awhile and have been successful to see how the lay out their work.  This will pay off big time and save you a ton of work later.

Glad you are liking it here.  Welcome to you and all other new writers and best of luck.

2. Jathon Delsy profile image71
    Jathon Delsyposted 12 months ago

Thanks for this good advice Adam.
    Can you tell me the polite, or the correct way to ask other Hubbers to review my post.

3. Adam Harkus profile image61

If you have a look at Explore/forums/improving your hub, there's many examples of other people doing it.

4. Adam Harkus profile image61

Hi studentusa

I'm afraid I can't view it, it's saying it isn't published sad