jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

FIXED: Editor's Choice Hubs All Disappeared

1. PegCole17 profile image91
    PegCole17posted 18 months ago

Overnight all my EC hub labels have dropped off my account page including the one that was spotlighted last week. What has happened? Is there a reason?

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps it's a glitch of some sort.  I checked and mine are not showing either.

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 18 months ago in reply to this

The hub itself or the EC label?

PegCole17posted 18 months ago in reply to this

The labels have dropped off and the URLs have changed back to the subdomain. I revised my initial statement to be more specific. Thanks, Tsmog.

3. lovebuglena profile image90
      lovebuglenaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps your hubs are no longer EC hubs. I had 11 of them now only have 4. The EC status is not permanent. It can be taken off any hub at any moment.

2. PegCole17 profile image91
    PegCole17posted 18 months ago

Even the URL has reverted back to my subdomain. If you hover over them for a few seconds it changes as you watch from ...hubpages.pegcole to just our names.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 18 months ago

I noticed that too this morning. And the URLs were all changed back to our sub domain, with 301 redirects so any incoming links still work.

Interesting thing is that when I change the filter to "Editors Choice" on that hub stats page, it still shows my 34 hubs that used to be EC, but without the designation.   

I don't see any posts about this from staff, which is strange. So I wonder what's going on. I doubt it's a glitch since the 301 redirects were properly set up.

If this is a plan to go back to our subdomains, I like that. At least we get ranking for our EC hubs combined now with the rest of our efforts.

I like that it makes our URLs more consistent. An explanation or announcement would be nice, though.

4. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 18 months ago

I wonder if it has to do with Paul's post last week about major changes coming in phases that will help to increase traffic. It's the forum about a consultant working with HP to improve the site. I'm not in the EC program, just offering my two cents.

5. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 18 months ago

Yes I just checked mine and the "editor's choice" labels have gone.As Glenn said it is strange that HP has just removed them without communicating their intention to do so.

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 18 months ago

I think this is a bug. I'll have our engineers take a look this morning.  We weren't intending to move all ec back to subdomains.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for that comment and action, Paul. EC seems to be an incentive that Hubbers don't want to lose and it's one I appreciate very much.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Paul, but now that it's been done, maybe it's best to leave them there. Constant switching back and forth with 301 redirects back and forth must really confuse search engine indexing. What do you think? You can still leave the EC designation, but with the hubs in the subdomain.

I like that idea, Glenn.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

Peg, I guess they didn't like the idea. It's back the old way.

3. PegCole17 profile image91

Thanks for the fast response, Paul. I like the idea of leaving them all under our own subdomain.

7. aviannovice profile image87
    aviannoviceposted 18 months ago

Same thing with me, too.

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 18 months ago

This should be fixed now.  Let us know if you still see issues.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

Oh well. I was hoping you'd leave it. But I do see they're back to the main domain.

2. PegCole17 profile image91

Thank you for fixing this, Paul.

working