jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Have you seen your a change in earnings linked to your Hubber Score?

1. ThoughtsWriter profile image81
    ThoughtsWriterposted 12 months ago

Have your earnings gone up when your hubber score was over 85?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 months ago in reply to this

There is no direct causal connection from hubber score to earnings.  When you score is under 85 your outgoing links become no follow.  But that is not likely to directly affect earnings.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I wish.

My score is usually somewhere in the 90s (not braggin', just sayin')...but unfortunately it provides no "juice" when it comes to traffic or earnings.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Why would it?

The ONLY time you benefit from having a HubScore over 85 is if you're trying to promote some other website.  That's because links IN your Hubs become "do follow".   

If you don't know why that's a benefit then you don't need to know, it's irrelevant to you!

2. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 12 months ago

Actually, I have a vague recollection that Hubber Score does affect one's earnings; specifically as to frequency of your hub placements in the Related Hubs Section of others' hubs. Or maybe that only applies to individual hub scores and not one's Hubber Score. This thread has now got me curious about that.

1. Lipnancy profile image94
      Lipnancyposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Please post  the link if you find it.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 12 months ago

HAHAHAHAHA. Just so we're clear, hub and hubber score have NO value outside the Hubpages site. It's just a way to stop people who try and spam Hubpages.

I've had hubs with a score of 65 make me more money than those with a score of 90.

About the only exception I can think of is, as Paradigm said, if you listed high on related hubs. Which might be useful if the hub you were listed on went viral and a small percentage of those people clicked through to your hub.

The best place to get traffic and money on Hubpages is outside Hubpages - organic traffic from Google and social media.