jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

RESOLVED: Link in hub suddenly changed to meaningless URL

  1. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

    I sent an email to the team yesterday but did not receive a reply.

    One of my hubs (mentioned in the email) has a link to another hub that suddenly was changed to garbage and listed in my stats with the broken link icon.

    I didn't fix it yet so that staff can look at it. But this is what it became:

    http://hubpages.com/http://hubpages.com … l-frontier

    I was wondering if this is BUG caused as result of the automatic changes to URL's to remove the tracking codes, even though this particular link did not have a tracking code. But maybe the algorithm played with it anyway.

    The other thought I had is that it got messed up due to the bug HP had where all EC hubs were moved into our subdomains and then moved back to HP's home domain.

    This might be happening to other Hubber's hubs too.

    Please look into this as I want to fix that link soon.

    1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 12 months ago in reply to this

      I have had that happen to me occasionally and only with my hubs if I recollect correctly. It doubles up the http address after I close the link capsule. Why? Not sure. Not sure if you can delete one of the doubled up links or not. The fix I did was to use the search and insert the link from those results.

      1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago in reply to this

        In this case it not only doubled up on the http but it quadrupled it. I know all I have to do is remove the extranuous repetitions, but I'm waiting so that staff can see the problem. Some routine they ran last night may cause the same problem across other people's accounts.

  2. RTalloni profile image90
    RTalloniposted 12 months ago

    I had some odd broken link notices, but when I checked on them they seemed to repair themselves.

  3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

    Resolved. Matt took care of this problem via email communication. Thanks Matt.