jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

RESOLVED: Broken Links false positive due to URL changes

1. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 15 months ago

The last couple days I've gone into edit mode to delete my alerted broken links. However, the links are no longer highlighted pink (or at all) within the text, so it's unknown which ones they are. The end result was I just ended up deleting ALL inbound links to other people's hubs on similar topics. The alerts went away, but I still can't see broken links highlighted when new alerts appear. Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

See update below:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2770719

There was a temporary issue that resulted in some URLS showing as broken due to changes in the topic structure.
      We have since deployed a fix.

I checked your account and did not see any current broken links.
      You can email us at team@hubpages.com if you have any further questions.

1. Faceless39 profile image92
        Faceless39posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Matt, I appreciate it! smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Just wanted to provide an update.

There was an issue that resulted in some links being broken due to topic page (and therefore) URL changes.
      We have since fixed these links, but they may still show as broken on the broken links page and in the HubTool. The HubTool will wanr of such a link, but it will not be highlighted in the Hub while editing.

Many of these will be topic pages that show a leading underscore in the URL before the topic name (_politics for example).

It may take some time for these broken links to be checked again and not show in error, but the links themselves should be fixed now.

If you have one that was not addressed, you should be able to clear it by editing the link and saving the Hub.

2. Keino C profile image79
    Keino Cposted 15 months ago

I have a similar issue. I have the alert for a broken link, however there is no indication that any links for the Hub in question are broken.

Let's see if mine go away, it's a bit confusing considering i'm still new. It could be a common glitch.

Thanks for sharing this! I don't feel as crazy anymore smile

working