I read a fascinating article this morning https://moz.com/blog/why-i-stopped-sell … should-too which showed me:
1) a number of examples of how SEO now translates to sites that rank high on Google and
2) why relying on keywords for ranking is now old hat for people promoting a product
3) why other types of search engines can be more important than Google
It illustrates in a cogent way how Google now works for different types of queries - and why it's difficult for a product or site to rank on the first page of Google
"Money/buyer (i.e., purchase-intent) keywords are:
* Dominated by huge brands that 99% of the world can't outrank (without spamming)
* Returning less product pages and more articles and other forms of content
* Triggering the knowledge graph, review aggregators, and more user-focused results
It also emphasises that you won't get traffic for your content UNLESS
* you're creating the type of content which consumers want to see - as evidenced by the results of Google search queries
* you understand your audience and know where they congregate on the Internet - and that's not always on Google
* you're referencing that content on the type of search engine which people like and trust and why that isn't always Google (which goes some way to explain why Facebook and Pinterest have become so powerful)
Damn. Other people are starting to wake up to why I stopped using the Google Keyword Tool years ago. LOL - completely agree - all those things are what I do on my website. Works a charm.
Ah you guys. Next you'll be telling me my Seth Godin SEO and Tribe Course is a complete waste of money.
Come back when you're making twenty cents a day. Then I'll listen.
One doesn't make 20 cents directly. First, one does a Ph.D.
by Gary Anderson9 months ago
But I am wondering why there seems to be competition in the real google world and no competition showing for it in the external keyword tool world?
by Shadesbreath8 years ago
Ok, so I want to pose a question about key words and I would like to have it discussed in my language. So... this question is for you SEO people and key word people. First, the set up:Ok, lets say I want to...
by Manthram3 years ago
Back-links are the main aspect of off-page SEO. There are several ways to get back-links. Social media, like posting your hubs to Facebook and Twitter, forum posting, and blog commenting are the most common. Just stay...
by LucidDreams3 years ago
They are just driving home the point that user experience and quality is point one!http://www.eddale.co/google/beware-google-bearing-gifts
by Ultimate Hubber5 years ago
I have an established website and it is on page 2 of both Yahoo and Bing for a particular search term. It is nowhere on Google for the same search term. Although indexed, the website has never been on Google result...
by Dan Harmon6 years ago
I now have 11 hubs that are not indexed by google - nothing published since July 12 (the last one was published on the 9th and indexed yesterday). Normally I've seen then set up with 24 hours, occasionally in 48,...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.