jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Argh! It's driving me crazy!

1. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I have decided for one whole day not to view any of my own hubs. I'm approving comments from my home page and am not replying until tomorrow. I want to see how many "genuine" hits I get in a 24 hour period and this is the best way I can think of to do it, but it's driving me bonkers not replying to comments right away! Ugh!

I'm going to do the same mid-week since it's a Saturday and internet usage tends to drop on the weekends smile

1. aniketgore profile image69
      aniketgoreposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Its a brilliant idea. I will be out to my hometown on 23-26 and i will not be using Internet. So will be checking about the real fact.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

Interesting idea.  I never thought about doing that.  I can imagine how frustrating it must be.  I go nuts if I don't get the chance to respond to comments right away.  This will give you the chance to read other people's hubs, post stuff in the forums, that sort of thing.  I might try that.  Not visiting my own hubs, just spending time reading, commenting on other hubs, and that sort of thing instead.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image91

Yes, Anna, exactly! I find that in a day I don't do enough reading and commenting and my own fan list is ridiculously low. There are so many excellent hubs out there that I'm not paying attention to. I've already read three just since I posted this (I type and read fast lol) and I'm finding that there really is some gold out there on hubpages!

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

There really is!!!  Some great people to read are (I know I will be forgetting some, and leaving some out) Blondepoet, Golden Toad, Cris A, Christoph Reilly, C.C. Riter, AEvans, Triplet Mom, Mighty Mom, Pest... there are so many.  I could go on and on.  I hope this helps, or at least gives you some more reading material!!

5. Everyday Miracles profile image91

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to look them up when DH is out mowing the lawn later on tonight. I think we're heading out for at least part of Saturday, since I get trapped in the house all week long and get stir-crazy!

6. Everyday Miracles profile image91

I did 69 views yesterday without me clicking on any of my own links. Not bad on a Saturday for someone who's been here less than two weeks!

I'm waiting until tomorrow to reply to comments and I'm over 70 views today (without me).

7. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

If you use Google Analytics it will show you exactly how many people are viewing your page.  I am able to see which visits come from my city, so I know those are mine.  No need to stay away from your hubs to know the accurate statistics.

8. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Everyday Miracles, you can use the edit page and read the stats to see where your traffic is coming from. Also you can use Google Analytics to monitor your hubs.  Start now because you must list each URL.  Good idea to read other hubs and to increase your fans.  However, a good rule of thumb is the more original, qualitative and relevant content you write, the more readers you wlll receive.  Hubpages is not a go away and come back to see how many visitors you received.  Hubpages is like any task, the harder you work, the better the results.

1. MotherHubber profile image60
      MotherHubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for starting this discussion - I really am learning something new every day about Hub Pages.  I had never bothered to click on the "stats" button (next to edit button.  Just did it for the first time.  Very cool!

Question, though, Linda.  Do you think Google Analytics is worth the bother?  Or is it most of the same info as what you can get from "stats" button on HubPages? Thanks!

9. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

All that info is in your stats on here, daily, weekly and all time for each hub.

1. MotherHubber profile image60
      MotherHubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't want to be redundant.

10. Everyday Miracles profile image91

The total includes my own visits though, or at least that's what I was told.

Can somebody explain to me *how* to use Google Analytics with Hubpages? I can't seem to get it figured out and it isn't like me to be at such a loss for something like this. It's frustrating and confusing!

working