The power of forums

1. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 12 months ago

As a new 'hubber', I've noticed two real benefits of discussing your hubs on external forums.

The obvious one is traffic, but be aware that advertising your work breaks the rules on a lot of forums.

The other is criticism. People will put across their view on your thoughts and opinions, they'll point out your ommissions, and question your content. This is your opportunity to update and enrich your content. Don't take it personal.

You may believe yourself to be an expert on a given subject (guitars in my case), but until the real internet 'geeks' get a hold of you, you really don't know as much as you thought. Trust me on that one.

Then go back to them with the updates, rinse and repeat. Don't be pig-headed, dont argue uneccessarily, and you'll find people will be thankful you took onboard their advice and info, and your Hub will be all the better for it.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 months ago

My initial reaction was, you can just ask other Hubbers and get advice here.  But really, your idea is genius. 

First of all, you can ask the people who are experts in the field.  That mean their advice will be more about content and less about the presentation.  That is important, so you can be relevant, correct, and as you said, you may learn about better ways of doing things, and you can share that with your readers. 

Second of all, you can use your referral link so you can get paid while you are being helped!

3. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 12 months ago

Well it's not everyday I'm called a genius. Thanks!

This all depends on the hub of course, you need to pick a subject that people will debate, for example I have a series of hands-on guitar gear reviews, so opinions will always differ, the trick is to take the criticisms and other points of view on the chin, absorb it, then write some more about it given your new knowledge.