jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What would you say is your top tip, in regards to improving a hub?

1. Gymterest profile image60
    Gymterestposted 15 months ago

Outside of the recommendations given by hubpages, what would you say is the best piece of advice in improving your hub?
    I'm new to this and would love any feedback, many of you have successful hubs, and any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stel

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 15 months ago

Your title is 75% of your hub's value.

It needs to match what people are Googling and also be clickable for social media.

Gymterestposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, definitely something to keep in mind and plan for.

1. NateB11 profile image91
        NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

What Susannah (WryLilt) said is also what I was going to suggest. The title can make a huge difference in whether an article gets any traffic or not.

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 15 months ago

Very few spelling and grammar errors, if any at all, is important to strive for to improve our hubs. However, I agree with WryLilt about having a searchable title that is short, concise, answers a query, and uses words that searchers use. If the title is not right, an article with perfect spelling and grammar will not be found.

So I need to make sure that it has no spelling mistakes! I'll make sure to double check my content, thanks for your input!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
      DzyMsLizzyposted 15 months ago in reply to this

"Short title," or "long-tail" ???  Need to make up our minds, here...

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 15 months ago in reply to this

A long tail keyword can still be a relatively short title. Long tail is any keyword longer than 3 words (or maybe 4).

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 15 months ago

I'd say go deep and pull out key bits to make the article scannable. I've seen people put questions in subtitles that do this effectively.

That's a great idea, questions really draw attention and catch our eye. Thanks for the feedback.

5. word55 profile image83
    word55posted 15 months ago

Take the precious time to proofread. Sometimes after you type a word the word correction system will inadvertently change the spelling on you.

working