jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

According to you, how much intelligent should a hub be?

1. DasEngel profile image61
    DasEngelposted 15 months ago

Should hubs, in general, be written is a casual way— to arouse fun; or should hubs be written in a non-funny, scholoaristic fashion? Or would the perfect approach be to adopt a style which is a personal balance in-between these two divergent attitudes?

Thanks.

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I think the perfect approach is to find out which style you write best as your readers see it.

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to your question. People have vastly different skills, aptitudes, talents, and preferences. I think a bit of experimentation is needed to figure out what works best for you with each platform and each pseudonym. I think it's also important to keep in mind that people respond differently to male, female, and neuter pen names and that tones and techniques that work for one may not work for any other.

1. DasEngel profile image61
        DasEngelposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. Excellently said.

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I think it depends on the targeted audience. Casual for one audience may be intellectual to another. Entertaining contrast scholastic is another door to explore.

I really dun'no how best to approach that other than maybe offering a courtesy first within the title. For instance if it is a humor hub on a topic / issue include satire or parody. That will tell the audience what to expect.

2. DasEngel profile image61
    DasEngelposted 15 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12699467.jpg

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 15 months ago

People on the Internet tend to like a casual readable style.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Here's hoping.

working