jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Suggestion: Please give us the ability to dismiss copied hub (c) icon

1. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 18 months ago

I really appreciate how HubPages alerts us when our Hubs are copied. I find the Copied Hubs Report very useful. The little red (c) icon, not so much. When I see this I don't remember if it is new or old, or if it is something I already addressed, need to address or decided to ignore. Even when the copied page is removed the (c) still lingers until the next time the Hub is checked. The Copied Hubs Report is much plainer and easier to deal with, and I end up referring to it anyway.

Please give us the ability to dismiss this (c) icon from our Hub Statistics after it is acknowledged by the user, in the same manner the Editbot icons go away once the notice is viewed. Of course the information would still exist in the Copied Hubs Report.

The statistics page is getting so cluttered, if a broken link (!) or red skull appeared I'm concerned I might not even notice it.  We need to be able to manage our alerts so when urgent issues do pop up they are more obvious.

Thank you.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Once I have filed a DMCA and the article has been removed, I notify the team via email.  They then remove it.  I'm not sure this can be done any other way as the team has no way of knowing whether a hub has been cleared or not.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Eric,

Once the copied content has been removed, the copyright symbol should automatically disappear within 90 days (Hubs with more traffic are checked more often, so it may be sooner). If it has not disappeared within that time, you may want to check to make sure you are not seeing a separate instance of the same Hub being copied on a different site.

EricDockettposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Christy! Thanks very much for your reply. I think you misunderstand my suggestion though, or maybe I just wasn't very clear.

I am asking for the ability to dismiss the red (c) icon as soon as it is acknowledged by the Hubber in the same way the Editbot icon goes away once the Hubber reads the notice. This would have nothing to do with whatever action the Hubber takes regarding the copied content.

I fully understand the (c) will eventually disappear if and when the copy is removed from the offending site, but that isn't what I am talking about. I want it to go away from my Statistics page as soon as I acknowledge it. The pertinent info would still be present in the Copied Hubs Report.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding. I'll bring it up with the Team.

EricDockettposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. smile

working