jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Get Lots of Traffic with Google Suggest

1. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 15 months ago

I keep saying this but - this is probably one of the BEST ways I've found to get organic traffic and find out what people REALLY want to know. It's called Google suggest. You probably remember it as that little annoying drop down box which appears when you start typing into Google. I've been using this on my main website (in a very competitive niche) for two years and it does very nicely.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12588483.png

These suggestions appear ONLY for questions that quite a few people are Googling. That means that every question in that drop down has traffic to some degree.

Writing content to answer REAL questions is a great way to rank well in Google. The only thing you need to watch for is how many other answers there are. If there are no ARTICLES (ie, there are only Yahoo Answers or forum posts on the front page of Google for that question), it's generally low competition.

And yes, if you need further info on doing it, I have a hub on this topic as well. wink

Enjoy!

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Good info. I just used Google Suggest for a post on one of my own sites.

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

...well, to create the title for the post on my own site.

2. MelRootsNWrites profile image90
      MelRootsNWritesposted 15 months ago in reply to this

WryLit, I really appreciate all your suggestions. I'm going to try to use Google Suggest as you mention.  And yes, I've always considered it "that annoying drop down box".  LOL

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image72
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for this wonderful info.

4. SheilaMilne profile image91
      SheilaMilneposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I find it works best if I use an incognito window or private browser, otherwise it comes up with all the searches I've done or my own pages.

2. DasEngel profile image60
    DasEngelposted 15 months ago

These days, there are many HubPages forum threads that come up against those Google queries. I recently googled "What is Wizzley?", a few days ago. The first slot was occupied by a HubPages forum thread.

3. DasEngel profile image60
    DasEngelposted 15 months ago

What is Wizzley?

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12702337.jpg

4. younghopes profile image81
    younghopesposted 15 months ago

Recently based on google suggest i found out a keyword "christmas gifts for stressed women"  however it shows no competition and monthly search  in keyword planner tool. What does it mean then?

Should i write a post on this or should i leave? There are many  more like these which are seen in google suggest but shows no competition or av. monthly search in keyword planner

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 15 months ago in reply to this

The keyword planner only gives semi-accurate results and only for 2-4 words in my experience. Also, "Competition" is in Google results.

In the keyword planner high "Competition" is best for writers, because that means lots of advertisers are bidding on those keywords (ie, more money for us).

I looked at the Google results. I'd say you have medium to high competition as there are quite a few other articles on that topic.

5. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 15 months ago

Thanks, WryLilt. Really useful info. I've used that box to decide the wording of titles. Not sure if I knew exactly what I was doing but your explanation gives me a better understanding of strategy. I'll use it more often for topic and title selection.

working