jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Learning the ropes

1. Bru Swan profile image79
    Bru Swanposted 12 months ago

Just published my first hub after a couple of tries. Would like to get some feedback and Find a few hubbers to follow thanks.
    Bru Swan

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I took a quick look at your hub, and here are my thoughts about it:

Your title deals with how to keep your brain healthy, yet you spend a lot of time describing the brain and its functions.  I think these should be two different articles because the descriptions really do not fit your title.

I would find a different photo of an exerciser because the one you have is not of good quality.

Finally, you need to learn how to do some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so that the search engines can more easily find your hub.

For instance:  your first and last sentences should repeat the words in your title, using synonyms where possible.  Your Capsule titles should also refer to your general topic.  Also, your photos should, once again, state what you are writing about.

This is a very good article, and with these tweaks it is likely to do well.  Remember that searchers must be able to find your work, which means it has to rank well with Google.  SEO, good photos and well organized writing help you to achieve that goal.

Check out some of the articles from other high ranking authors here to see what I mean.

Welcome to HP and good luck here.

Bru Swanposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your Critique and what you say makes sense. I've never done much writing just trying to feel things out and hopeful learn.  I appreciate your advice thanks.

2. factfactnomi profile image80
    factfactnomiposted 12 months ago

In the introduction I break the part with questions with the rest of the story. I would put more pictures. Most of the pictures you've already posted have a bad quality so they appear blur and unprofessional. Try to put them to the right side of the text. Maybe you should add some kind of a video that would enhance the story as well.

That's all from me big_smile Good luck!

Bru Swanposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks , I was thinking that also putting the pics to the side of the text. Still learning how to navigate and set up.

2. Scotty Cujo profile image82
      Scotty Cujoposted 12 months ago

im only on my 2nd hub so I'm looking for some feedback too, I think the pictures make a difference, include questions or polls to break it up