Silly Question about Hub Review Process

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 18 months ago

I have written two Hubs this weekend. One is an Arts and Crafts article, the other is Folklore.

I completed the Folklore piece on Saturday afternoon, but had a look through it this morning and edited it again whilst it was still undergoing review. I understand that doing this puts it back to the end of the queue for reviewing, but that is fine by me. I also expect that it takes around 24 hours for a Hub to become featured once I publish it.

I completed the Arts and Crafts piece this afternoon, and it was featured about 3 hours later.

I'm still waiting for the Folklore piece to be featured, but this isn't a complaint!

My question is; does HubPages employ different staff to review different topics? I had always assumed before today that they just go through them by order of publication, but this experience has led me to wonder whether they have "expert reviewers" in each field.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 18 months ago in reply to this

The QAP is done via MTURK, a crowdsourcing system owned by Amazon that employs outside people to review content. I wouldn't be surprised if certain topics were done at different times.

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
        Pollyanna Jonesposted 18 months ago in reply to this

That's interesting! Thank you for your reply. I had not known.

working