jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Spam Cleanup

1. paradigm search profile image81
    paradigm searchposted 12 months ago

Have you dropped by http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments?co … ilter=Spam in awhile? They've been busy. A Hubber's work is never done... big_smile

I had three.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 12 months ago in reply to this

Just went and checked. Quite a few spam comments; a couple from banned users, one generic "nice article" comment and another guy who basically just copied word for word another comment. Then one was from a real writer/user here on Hubpages;; not sure how that happened. I approved his comment, of course.

2. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks…that needed taking care of so appreciate the note on it.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I didn't even know this existed.  Found 4 and am wondering how they made it to my hub comments without my seeing them, as I check my comments regularly.  Some have sat there for many months, and I am wondering whether the public saw them or not as I had not moderated them and the only thing that showed was "spam" and "delete forever".  Only 1 was spam.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 months ago

Thanks for the reminder. I don't do this often enough.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 months ago

I think these are the ones that are caught by the HP spam filter. They are not seen by viewers -- or even you, unless you look for them.

4. Snakesmum profile image89
    Snakesmumposted 12 months ago

Thanks for the link - it's the first time I've heard of this, and
    I had three comments on my hubs.
    Just as well they aren't visible!  :-)

5. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 12 months ago

Wow, thanks for sharing this. I had 24, and only one was a real comment from a hubber. I never knew about this, and thought I always checked my comments. I wonder if you receive notifications of these spam comments.

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
    Phyllis Doyleposted 12 months ago

Thanks for the tip, Para. I checked it out and had several to clean up.

7. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 12 months ago

Haha been a while since I checked this 10 months ago is the oldest one there. By a real hubber and I approved it. There was one really good comment with a link to a spammy site though. Others clearly spam.

8. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 12 months ago

OMGoodness, para. I have so many I didn't even bother to count them. What is the advantage of getting rid of them? Thank you very much.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 months ago in reply to this

They are there so you can confirm they are spam -- or allow them if they are legit.  Clearing them out just makes it easier to spot new comments that may get caught by the filter.