FIXED: Hubpages DMCA database

1. Misfit Chick profile image93
    Misfit Chickposted 15 months ago

I have a hub that was stolen. I never check for stuff like that - but HP does; and they told me about it months ago. Along with this blurb: Unfortunately, we do not yet have DMCA information stored for encyclopedial.com. If you are able to locate a DMCA instructions URL or an email contact for that site please let us know, we will add them to our database.

Shortly after learning about this; I did a LITTLE bit of research, found the business origin - AND informed HP as was suggested above:

Team HubPages
    to:    MisfitChick / Catherine
    date:    Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    subject:    Re: Copyright Infringement [#diTra]
    Thank you. That information has been added to our DMCA contact database.
    Regards,
    Someone @ Team HubPages

And yet, I just received another warning via the 2nd check that my content has not been removed (yes, I sent the site the suggested letter); along with this warning AGAIN: Unfortunately, we do not yet have DMCA information stored for encyclopedial.com. If you are able to locate a DMCA instructions URL or an email contact for that site please let us know, we will add them to our database.

What gives, HP? Is this database active/being added to or what?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

It was added to the database, but it appears that the message will not match if the case of the website is not the same. I changed the database to lowercase so hopefully that should match now.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

They stole one of mine also last week.  I sent them a DMCA notice and they responded by telling me the plagiarized article had been removed within 24 hours.  I checked, and sure enough it had.  I notified the team that this happened and the copyright notice was removed.

Closed to reply

working