jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Google Webmaster Tools: Keywords

1. Adam Harkus profile image62
    Adam Harkusposted 18 months ago

Why are the keywords 'songwriter' and 'songwriting' not featured on my list of keywords in Google Webmaster Tools ? 'Guitar' is my top keyword, but I also have a few songwriting hubs and found it strange that these terms aren't even on the list...

Any ideas?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 18 months ago in reply to this

That tells you that you need to look at those Hubs - obviously Google doesn't know they are about songwriting!   

Do you use the word "songwriting" in the title of those Hubs?  Do you use the word anywhere in the text?

2. Adam Harkus profile image62

In one of my Hubs, http://adamharkus.hubpages.com/hub/Song … -Beginners is mentioned 20 times (mostly in the sub-headers though). It just seems strange that 'Songwriting' isn't even picked up when other terms are.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Does that Hub get good traffic?  I ask, because using the same keyword in every title and sub-title is keyword stuffing, and Google would usually penalise that. 

You may have been advised to do that - it was once recommended for SEO, but Google soon woke up to it, and it's now counter-productive.

3. Adam Harkus profile image62

Ah, thank you that's great advice. It's actually been my best performing hub this week, but maybe that's down to referral traffic, not organic.

I'll put an end to spamming keywords in the sub-headers and add more in the text in future.

Does anyone have any other angles on this?

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 18 months ago

Maybe you do not feature in search for those terms because of the competition that there is for those terms elsewhere on the net...

search for those terms and see what the search turns up, if it is well established websites, well known colleges, the BBC, and others then maybe they will always get the searches..

working