jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

lost my content because of power cut

1. lotuslove19 profile image8
    lotuslove19posted 7 years ago

I was writing a content and had a power cut  and lost my content for the grandpa's jokes .I want to write it again but when I am pressing the edit button I am not getting the page to write neither is it getting deleted I may be marked sub standared what shall I do please advice or help me to get rid of it from my account so that I can write again

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'd log out and log back in to "my account" (as long as you know you've already lost the content).  There you should see whether the title shows up as a draft or sub-standard, or anything like that.  The logging out may not really be necessary, but why not just start clean (since you seem to have something "odd" happening). 

I'd just delete that one and (again) start clean.  (If you didn't do this with the first one,  you may find it's a good idea to write in one of your word processing/typing programs on the your PC; and then copy it into the text box space when you're ready).

3. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that lotuslove19. This is one reason I use Open Office to type my content.

Open Office is a free word processor and automatically saves your work if the computer is accidentally shut off. This has saved me a couple times when something similar happened.

It isn't fool proof though, but it does help. I think Microsoft Word probably does the same thing...

4. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

what a royal pain in the neck! hope you get it sorted ASAP.

5. lindagoffigan profile image61
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

If you have not completely lost your content, the topic will show up on red print on the Hubpage homepage under your account.  Then you can go to the edit box that will be empty until you click on the "recover draft" button to the bottom left of the edit box.  If you lost power from your computer and do not see the the topic on your hubpage home page, then you will have to create a new hub.